GUNNISON: SEVEN DAYS A WEEK – 9 AM 4 PM
The Gunnison Valley RTA is excited to partner with Gunnison Valley Health to provide Senior Transportation Service in Gunnison.
HOW TO GET A RIDE:
- Call 970.596.6700 7 days a week, 9AM to 4PM to schedule a ride.
- You must schedule all rides at least 2 hours in advance. In order to provide exceptional service to all community members, we appreciate as much advanced notice as possible.
- Transportation service is provided 9AM to 4PM daily.
- To be eligible for Transportation Services you must be 55+ or permanently disabled.
- We will pick you up for the Young at Heart Senior Lunch Program, programs at Boomers & Beyond, medical appointments, errands, grocery trips, shopping, food pantry, beauty shop, etc.
- Please schedule your medical appointments between the hours of 10 AM and 3 PM. Call as soon as you know your appointment date and time, so we can better serve your needs.
- In the event of adverse weather or unsafe transportation conditions, we will cancel Senior Transportation for the day. You will be contacted if you have a scheduled trip.
- Senior Transportation is a community tax funded program and is not a taxi service. We depend on the cooperation of our riders and serve as many people as possible. This means that you may ride a little longer or get to your appointment a little earlier to help other riders get to their respective appointments. We strive for shared rides.
- Rides must be scheduled a minimum of 2 hours in advance.
- Please be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Rides are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. No preference is given to any individual rider.
- When scheduling a round-trip, let Senior Transportation know approximately how long you expect to be at your stop; this will allow us to plan your pick-up.
- An individual trip is considered complete when you are dropped of at your destination.
- If you must cancel a ride, please call Senior Transportation (970-596-6700) as soon as possible so we can adjust the daily schedule.
- There is no charge for those 55+ and those with permanent disabilities however donations a gratefully accepted and encouraged.
Do you serve seniors in Gunnison? Use these links to download and print information on the Senior Program in Gunnison:
CRESTED BUTTE: For Senior transportation needs in the Crested Butte area, or for trips to appointments in Montrose and Grand Junction, please contact the Crested Butte Senior Van between the hours of 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday at least 7 days in advance at 970-275-4768 to request a ride. Tips for drivers are encouraged.